December 3, 2014

Day in the Life with Tory Burch

Watch: Tory Burch c/o
Today, I’m wearing this gorgeous watch from Tory Burch, who asked me to give a little glimpse into some of my day!
These days, it’s rare that I have two days that are exactly the same. On days that I’m not heading into the city, whether it be for meetings, appointments or to pull (or shop) for a shoot, I’ll head into the studio that Keiko and I share. It’s become one of my happy places, where I always feel the most inspired. I’m able to focus on work and not get distracted by a million different things, which happens way too often when I’m at home.  The day always starts out with coffee and if it’s not a rushed morning, I like to take a few minutes, sit down and usually skim through my newsfeeds before heading into the studio to work! One of my typical days:
8:00 AM | Alarm goes off. Snooze.

8:08 AM | Alarm goes off again. Snooze8:22 AM | Alarm goes off again. Mutter a few curse words and vow to really work on becoming a better morning person.

8:25 AM | Walk out into the living room, sleepily say hi to my husband, whose been up for awhile already and chug some lemon water. It’s been one of my “health” resolutions, which I’m proud to say I’ve been keeping up with.

8:45 AM | Kiss Keith goodbye as he leaves for work and go to take our pups, Mika and Pete, for a walk.

10:00 AM  | Hop on the train to head into the studio, but first, a stop at my local coffee shop, Crop to Cup. Got a brew the barista recommended with cream and one sugar. That morning cup of coffee is one of my favorite times of the day, so I like to take a few minutes to actually savor it. I’ll sit down for a few minutes, skim my emails, my social feeds and then make my way to the studio.

10:30 AM | Arrive at studio, put on some jazz music (helps relax me and get me into a zone) and start plowing through my emails.

12:00 PM | Brainstorming meeting with a newish brand, whom I’ve excitedly been helping to style a future lookbook. Since she lives in the area, we meet at the studio. After our meeting, I head to Whole Foods, which is three blocks away, and eat a quick lunch.

2:00 PM | Hop on the F train and head into the city to check out a few press previews going on. Since I’m currently hooked on Nashville, get a few minutes in during my short commute. Have I mentioned how much I love Connie Britton? .

4:00 PM | Meet Keith by his job so he can snap a few shots of my outfit. On days where I’m meeting him in the city, he takes the camera bag in so I don’t have to lug it on the train (he usually drives in).

5:00 PM | Head back on the train and make a silent prayer that I get a seat so I can comfortably watch Nashville… again. My current book will just have to wait.

5:45 PM |  I scarf down a few handfuls of pretzels and take the dogs on a long walk.

7:00 PM | Yoga class. Time to put the phone away and really unplug.

8:15 PM | After I get back from yoga class, I make a huge batch of oven roasted veggies over brown rice. We tend to be “bad” on the weekends, which always include lots of wine, pizza and dining out with friends, so weekdays are generally healthy and “clean..”

9:00 PM | Settle on the couch with Keith and the dogs and catch up on whatever we’re watching. These days it’s Homeland, The Voice (my choice, not his) and reruns of Shark Tank.

10:15 PM | Go into our ‘computer room’ to edit photos, get my post ready for tomorrow and catch up on some more emails. I have a laptop, but I so much prefer working and editing on a large screen. Editing usually takes me 2-4 hours, depending on the post.

1:00 AM | Time for bed!



to the newsletter