It's been awhile since I've done a beauty post and since I have new products that I love, it's about that time!
1. I'll start with Diptyque Eau Duelle perfume. It is extremely hard for me to find a perfume that I love, but with this, it was love at first smell. It light enough, yet comforting. It's a bit spicy, a bit vanilla and never makes me feel sick (like so many perfumes do).
2. Hourglass Mineral Primer. Before getting this, I really had no idea how a primer worked. I read a few reviews and decided to give it a go. Little did I know, my makeup would apply more evenly and it would give me a more "finished" look. This one is a bit on the pricey side ($52), but I can tell I'll be using the same bottle for a long time.
3. DiorShow Lash Maximizer. Love this stuff, especially when I'm going for a dramatic eye look. I apply this before mascara, and it gives me the "I'm wearing fake lashes" look, which I always crave.
4. Julep Maven Polishes: Aside from having the prettiest color selection, these polishes apply like a dream (even my salon made a comment about that) and last far longer than some of the other brands.
5. MAC Prep & Prime: A huge thanks to my friend Keiko for telling me about this incredible product. I wear this anytime I wear a pigmented lipstick (especially MAC's Ruby Woo) and my lips feel nourished and never bleed. Holy grail status.
6. Pureology Nanoworks: In a major attempt to find the perfect shampoo, I came across glowing reviews on the Pureology Nanoworks line. I did not want to try it. It was crazy expensive and I didn't want to become addicted to a product that cost so damn much. Of course in needing to know what the fuss was about (it's research!), I ordered it. Well, for me, the hype is true. After using it, my color-treated hair felt silkier, more manageable and just better. I will say, I don't think the conditioner is necessary. If it was cheaper, I'd definitely continue using it, but I don't think it warrants the hefty price tag. The shampoo on the other hand....that's another story.
Tip: I buy the huge bottle (33.8 oz) from eBay. Best bang for your buck!
7. Philosophy Amazing Grace Solid Perfume: Amazing Grace is probably my second favorite perfume (after Diptyque). I wear it on days where I'm not in the mood for heavy perfume, but still want to smell something. The solid is perfect for layering your spray perfume on top and even better to throw in your bag for midday touch ups.
8. Some recent favorite lipstick colors that have been in major rotation: Diva, Snob & Ruby Woo, all by MAC.
So, there you have some recent favorites. Any thing else you guys want to see or know about? Would love to hear!